Anarchy Nation - A forum for the twisted!
April 23, 2014, 06:17:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Link Exchange ToS/DMCA Contact Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PRANK: How to annoy someone if you have their address, phone number, email, etc.  (Read 20787 times)
chaos
VIP Member
Anarchist

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2009, 03:02:08 AM »

Is there someone you absolutely hate, or maybe just a friend you want to pester? Do you have their address, phone number, and email? You don't need all three, but having them gives for the best effect! With this little technique, you will indirectly be spamming the person. By indirectly, I mean that legitimate (but fucking annoying) solicitors would be calling them about offers and emailing/mailing them a bunch of random bullshit.

WHAT YOU NEED:
- Their phone number
- Their email address
- Their home address
- 20 Minutes of your time (the more the better)
- Google

WHAT TO LOOK FOR:
You know all of those annoying ass "win a free iPod" and/or "fill out surveys, get a prize" style advertisements that you see on websites, and especially on social networks like MySpace and Facebook. The fact is that these ads rarely ever pay out. They are meant to collect the information submitted in order to send you and call you about all kinds of offers. Nothing is for free, and if you ever have done any of these surveys, you would know what I'm talking about. What you probably would find out is that your phone never stops ringing and your email is filled with junk from solicitors.

WHAT TO DO:
I've seen the best way to go about it is to collect the links to these surveys and contests over a period of time. Save them up so you can go from one to the other without having to search them. Most of these online surveys are endless. Each 'step' saying there is just one more will only lead you to 100 more, and try to get you to buy shit. You don't need the sign up to buy anything, so don't worry. Just go past anything asking for any kind of payment information. That would be a big no no!

After compiling your list of sites with these annoying surveys, you go to work. I would suggest saving the information on your target into a TXT file that you can have along side when it is asked for. Copy and pasting is much easier to do than having to type it all out. With many of the newer browsers like Firefox, that information is stored after typing it in a couple times making a drop box under the field you are filling in. Anyways, you'll figure that out.

Now, you go to your list of sites, and go to work. Fill out the surveys in mindless fashion (don't think, just click to save time) while including the information of the person you want to be annoyed. Whenever you come across the forms asking if 'you would like be contacted', you obviously click YES! I'm sure you see how this is going. The more online surveys you complete that ask for their personal information, the more annoyance that person will get.

THE OUTCOME:
Whoever you survey bombed will get countless phone calls, emails, and even snail mail from whatever advertising companies are acquiring the information you provided. When I mean countless calls and emails, I mean they will probably be called as much as 20+ times a day, have their email accounts flooded with stupid spam offers, and even get regular mail with offers. It will drive them absolutely insane. On top of that, many of these advertising companies sell the information to other companies that do the same thing. The calls and annoying mail can last months.

No need to worry from the legal standpoint of this. It is perfectly legal as long as you don't put in any payment information such as credit card numbers or any other information you would already get massive shit for. Just think of how people will throw out fake emails and names to avoid this kind of stuff. Also, if you have ever gotten a call from some solicitor asking for someone other than you. This isn't illegal, but just plain annoying.

Robotix

Retro Freek - If its Retro I Love It

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 06:11:14 AM »

You can always do classified adds for them too, I did for my neighbor and it was really funny to watch the fallout.
ninefingers
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 08:49:51 AM »

I think under "CIA ways of getting even" (is that this forum or B/S?) there is the old prank of a garage sale.  Most newspaper ads are free.  They'd have Hispanics camping out at 6 am waiting for the "sale".  Sometimes they steal, too.

EDIT: Just tried Chaos' Idea and filled out a few dozen surveys-- only the kind  that want to send mags and offers  to street addresses or such online things to an email address.  Sent for Buddhist Journal, New Parent's stuff; etc; in Spanish!  Such Fun!  Cheesy I'll know the street address was right when the victim starts to complain on his forum! Grin

They Sell numbers to other solicitors? A geometric progression?So, if you simply contacted the right one, the rest would take care of itself-?! Tongue

Seriously, I kept getting junk when I first got my new internet address in Tucson (with Quest). When I went to a different server (Cox); most of it stopped.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 05:46:37 PM by ninefingers » Logged
Anarchy Nation - A forum for the twisted!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And CreateAForum.com