Anarchy Nation - A forum for the twisted!
April 24, 2014, 10:01:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Link Exchange ToS/DMCA Contact Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Top 10 Worst Prisons in the World  (Read 48991 times)
chaos
VIP Member
Anarchist

Respect: +73

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2009, 08:02:07 PM »

Bowdlerize
VIP Member
Normal Member

Respect: +50

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 07:07:55 PM »

I recently read "The Damage Done" by Warren Fellows about his stay in Bang Kwang & Maha Chai from 1978 to 1990. He chose the wrong country to smuggle heroin out of.

Executions at this time were not preformed by lethal injection. They placed the condemned in a woven ball about 2.5 feet in diameter and had elephants play soccer with it. Eventually the elephants got bored and just crush the ball / prisoner under foot.

Another popular method was the "Hot Potato", the prisoner had open jugs of petrol tied to their neck and had to stop the fuel from spilling while the guards beat them. Once the prisoner was beaten to near death & soaked in petrol they were set alight.

Soon after arriving at Maha Chai Warren was sent to the punishment block for 30 days for looking at a guard. Here he staved for 5 days as the food was truly inedible. On the 5th day he saw locals feeding the "food" to cockroaches, this was to fatten them up to eat.

These are just a few of the horrors from the book.
I hate junkies and dealers even more so, but after reading this I know there are punishments that are too extreme.
blooray
Little Baby

Respect: +2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 06:39:38 PM »

true that mate ive read another book about a british prisoner in a thai jail. welcome to hell if im not mistaken. the guy was charged with a murder which he says he didnt commit, and thai law states all prisoners on a murder charge must be in leg irons 24/7. it took something stupid like 4 years for his trial(all spent in leg irons) where the prosecution were, he claims, making up evidence and building a completely untrue case against him. when he complained to his defence lawyers they basically told him they had to work there evry day and didnt want to rock the boat and upset people!! scary stuff
ninefingers
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 07:53:23 PM »

Scary these things are still around..and how bad Rikers and San Quentin were until relatively recently. Shocked

I saw Alkatraz. Nice place to vist I  but I don't want to stay there. We saw the cells the "Birdman"( Robert Stroud),  and Al Capone occupied. I was told Capone refused treatment for his syphilis. But I wonder if he was just denied it by "the system" and a Depression that had a lot of Americanis resentful that  a con could get three squares a day when many  honest men didn't... Huh?
dynasty56
Prankster

Respect: +4

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 04:54:40 PM »

Glad I don't live near any of those places. D:
Samson1313

Respect: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 07:23:10 AM »

I have a simple Plan Don't do anything that will send Me to Prison  Cheesy
gladius

Respect: +1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 04:08:51 PM »

Like Devil's Island and Alcatraz, the Soviet Gulag is a thing of the past; but, in it's day, that system had to rank among history's worst.

And, according to 'The Gulag Study, U.S. - Russia Joint Commission On POW / MIA's,' Victor Herman and John Noble were only two of many Americans who were absorbed into the Gulag system; including U.S. POW's from WW II, the Korean War, the Cold War, Vietnam, and Laos.

That study can be found:

nationalalliance.org/gulag/5gulag.l
katzskillz
Global Moderator
Senior Anarchist

Respect: +146

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 09:15:42 AM »

Gulag had the wonderful weather too. Cry
Rachitdon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 07:37:22 PM »

Would never go there
katzskillz
Global Moderator
Senior Anarchist

Respect: +146

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 03:17:19 PM »

Would never go there

Oh but the Russians took such good care of their prisoners there!  Roll Eyes
Bjammin0205
Little Baby

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 02:22:24 AM »

Take it from a man who has been to five prisons, it dosen't matter where you do time cuz in the end it messes you up in the head and thats if you make it and not die first. They say after five years it really does some damage to your brain. I did six years.... I wonder............

It's true, take a small time street punk and throw him in with big time killers, gangsters, and just plain crazy guys and he will come out a better criminal!

Here in this state people who go to prison get to learn all about the serial killers that came out of here. They glorify the fact that they to are in the same place that big killers were in. My old cell mate watched locked up with Jeffery Dahmer. You cant forget ol Ed Gein. (Wisconsin is home to these fine gentalmen and much more.)

Its really sad when you think about it. Prison dosent work!
fickbowt

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 07:32:11 PM »

Russian Prison tattoos are the best - done with black rubber from ground up shoe soles....

...isn't there a latin american prison with an inmate run prison inside it?

Prisons in Honduras and Bolivia are pretty bad.
gladius

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 03:28:37 PM »

Bjammin0205,

As far as I'm concerned, that makes you the resident authority on the subject until someone more qualified comes forward. So, I hope you don't mind a few questions; since I have a friend who recently got sentenced to 5 years.

I've come close to being a POW, but never an inmate....yet; and would only be guessing at what I should send him, or what he may need. Though, I have read the institution's rulebook on-line and have a general idea what he's allowed to receive through the mail.

Also my friend is a first-timer, so any words-of-wisdom you might have for him would be appreciated, and I'll send them along.

$$$moneyguy$$$
Prankster

Respect: -6

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 02:52:33 PM »

I don't how one would define the worst prisons, but here are the 10 Deadliest Prisons.
Anarchy Nation - A forum for the twisted!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Design By simply sibyl And CreateAForum.com